- 2-3 tsp olive oil, coconut oil or butter (for cooking)
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (50ml) water
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Stevia or xylitol to taste
- Small pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tbsp mascarpone
- 3 rashers streaky bacon (optional)
- Berries for garnish
- Whisk almond meal, egg, water, melted butter, stevia/xylitol and salt together until well mixed.
- Heat frying pan on a medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Spoon the pancake mixture into the pan into rounds.
- Pancakes should take about a minute to colour on the first side. If this happens faster, the pan is too hot.
- Turn the pancakes over and cook for a further minute.
- Then move pancakes onto a plate and cover with a clean dish cloth (absorbs steam so they don’t go soggy).
- Pan fry the bacon on a medium heat until lightly golden.
- Arrange pancakes on individual plates, add bacon on top with a scoop of mascarpone and garnish with berries.
This fantastic recipe is taken from What the Fat and makes a great gift!