3 avocados, ripe but firm
15-20 strips of free range bacon
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Cut each avocado lengthways, remove the pit and slice each half into 5 even wedges lengthways. Peel the skin off each wedges or scoop each wedge out of the avocado shell intact.
- Cut the bacon strips in half crossways. Wrap each avocado wedge in a strip of bacon with the bacon overlapping slightly and tuck the end in to secure it. Place each wedge seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 9 mins and then turn over each wedge to bake for another 6-8 mins on the otherside or until bacon is crispy and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then serve warm with your choice of aoli or other dip.