1 cup cooked quinoa or wild rice
2 cups water
1-2 tsp olive or avocado oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
280g spinach, finely chopped
1 tsp dried basil or 4 fresh basil leaves
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried or fresh oregano
2 cup cheese, grated plus more for topping
⅔ cup feta cheese, crumbled
4 capsicums (mixed colours if desired)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Add the oil to a pan and sauté garlic and spinach under tender.
- Add the basil, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper to season.
- Add 2 cups of grated cheese and then stir in quinoa or rice. Once well mixed, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the capsicums length ways and remove the seeds and veins.
- Stuff each capsicum with the filling right to the top and then cover with cheese.
- Place capsicums on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 mins for slightly crisp capsicum or about 20 mins for soft capsicums.