1 cup raw almonds
½ cup raw walnuts
1 cup shredded coconut
10 Medjools dates (or if using other pitted dates soak overnight)
2-3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
1 cup coconut cream
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¾ cup agave, maple syrup, honey or equivalent stevia
½ cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup frozen blackcurrants (or other berries)
- Line a springform cake tin. Blend all the ingredients for the base in a food processor until fine and then press into the cake tin and flatten out the surface. Leave to stand in the fridge.
- Drain the cashews and blend them with all the other filling ingredients except for the berries. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the cream mix over the base and smooth out evenly.
- Add the berries to the blender and pulse until completely smooth. You can add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup if you like it sweeter, especially if you’re using blackcurrants as they are quite tart.
- Cover the top of the cake with the berry mixture, cover and freeze for about 3 hours. Remove from the freezer 15-20 mins before serving so that it is easy to cut.