- 600g beef chuck steak
- 300g desiree potatoes or kumara quartered
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Thai massaman curry paste
- 2 cups liquid chicken or beef stock (or use stock powder mixed in water)
- 400ml coconut cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or honey
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, de-veined and finely chopped
- Add onion, potatoes, curry paste and coconut cream into the slow cooker and mix together.
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice, fish sauce and honey to slow cooker and mix well.
- Cut chuck steak into large cubes and add to slow cooker and give a final mix.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- The curry should have a nice balance of salty, sour, sweet and hot without one flavour dominating over the others. Add more lime juice and fish sauce if reiquired.
Serve with white rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with fresh coriander.