- 3⁄4 ounce (about 21g) dried wakame seaweed, whole or cut
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, not seasoned
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame/sunflower seeds, toasted
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Soak seaweed in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse then squeeze out excess water. If wakame is uncut, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Stir together vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, coconut sugar, pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the seaweed, spring onions, carrots, and coriander, tossing to combine well.
- Sprinkle salad with toasted seeds.
Other Suggestions: Add a small dash of apple cider vinegar if you would like a slighly tart taste. You can also sautee finely choped red cabbage, daikon radish & red onions with the amounts that you desire to help create a slightly denser salad.