3 ripe pears
2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp natural vanilla essence
4 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp raisins
1 cup yoghurt, coconut yoghurt or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cut the pears in half lengthways and remove the core and stem. Take a thin slice off the rounded side so that pear halves will sit flat with insides facing up.
- Arrange side by side in a large baking dish.
- Add the coconut oil/butter, honey and vanilla essence to a small pot and bring to a boil over a medium heat, remember to stir regularly. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon, walnuts and raisins.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the scoop of each pear half.
- Bake for 20-30 mins or until pears are tender.
- Serve warm with yoghurt or cream.