5 medium eggs
3 Tbsp organic erythritol or other natural sweetener (add more or less to your taste)
2 tsp natural vanilla essence
300g carrots, grated
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
50g desicated coconut
150g almond flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground ginger (or 2 tsp fresh grated)
2 tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
200g cream cheese
1 Tbsp organic erythritol or other natural sweetener (add more or less to your taste)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Melt the butter in a small pot.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled butter, eggs, erythritol and vanilla and beat well.
- Add in the grated carrot, coconut, walnuts, almond flour, baking powder, lemon zest and spices. Combine well.
- Place 12 cupcake liners into a large muffin tin.
- Spoon into the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Leave them to cool in the tray before removing the cupcakes.
- For the icing, thoroughly mix the cream cheese and erythritol to combine well. Warming the cream cheese slightly may help with this.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, cover with cream cheese icing.