2 cups shredded roasted chicken
2 cups broccoli
4 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup wild rice
1 tomato, chopped
2 ½ cups chicken stock
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup cheese, grated
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F). In a large frying pan melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the garlic and most of the spring onion and cook for a bout 2 mins or until soft.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, rice, tomato and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and chicken stock well with a whisk. Add this to the pan along with half of the grated cheese and half of the parmesan and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer and then pour into a baking dish and bake covered until the rice is tender and the liquid is mostly absorbed. About 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and cover with the rest of the cheese and parmesan and put under the grill uncovered until the cheese is melted and golden, about 2 mins.