1 cup pitted dates
2 cup boiling water
1 cup ground almonds
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup puffed rice
200g dark chocolate
1 Tbsp coconut oil
Dessicated coconut OR finely chopped pistachio nuts OR chia seeds
- Place dates in a small bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for 5-10 mins.
- Drain liquid off dates and put them in a food processor. Add all other ingredients and blitz until a smooth, thick paste forms. Stir in the puffed rice.
- Wet your hands and roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours or so, until firm.
- Coating: place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds, stir, repeat until melted. Or place the mixture in a bowl over a pot of boiling water to double boil until mixture is fully melted.
- Place your chosen coatings (coconut, pistachios, chia seeds) in separate dishes. Use a skewer or fork to dip the balls in the chocolate mixture, then roll them in the different coatings of your choice.
- Place coated balls back on the baking tray and chill until the chocolate is set. Yummy enjoy!