- 1 ½ cups (150g) almond flour (or ground almonds)
- 4 tablespoons (60g) psyllium hull powder
- 2 teaspoons (10g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5g) salt
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) extra virgin olive oil (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (100g) sour cream
(for dairy free option replace sour cream with 35ml water and another 60ml olive oil)
- 100g mixed seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, poppy and linseeds (optional)
1). Beat eggs in a small bowl.
2). In another bowl combine all other ingredients and then mix in the beaten eggs and leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow psyllium to absorb moisture.
3). When mixture is less sticky, shape dough on baking paper-lined baking tray or add to a muffin tray or loaf tin.
4). Bake at 160°C for 25 mins or until knife comes out clean.
Taken from “What the Fat?” by Prof Grant Schofield, Dr Caryn Zinn and Craig Rodger