Oven-Baked Root Vegetable Chippies – yummy both hot or cold!
Use a combination of any of the following root vegetables:
- carrots, thinly sliced
- parsnip, thinly sliced
- sweet potato, thinly sliced
- small beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary plus any other dried herbs of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay out your thinly sliced root vegetables.
- Drizzle with melted coconut oil, and sprinkle with herbs, spices and sea salt.
- Mix with your hands to ensure the vegetables are well coated and spread even on the tray.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until your chips are evenly cooked and a little crisp.
These are a great healthy alternative to a typical ‘Chip ‘n’ Dip’!
Serve the chips with your favourite dips like hummus, beetroot & feta dip, or tzatziki.
Your friends will love you for it!
Carrot Hummus – great for summer picnics and BBQ’s!
- 2 medium or 1 large carrot, cut into chunks
- Olive oil to coat
- 1/4 teaspoon whole caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin/coriander mix
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cover carrots with olive oil and roast in the oven at 180ºC until tender.
- Combine the chickpeas and the garlic in the food processor bowl or blender and whizz for a few seconds.
- Add caraway seeds, cumin, curry powder and tahini to the mixture and pulse until they are well combined.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the processor. Once all of this is well blended, add the fresh lemon juice.
- Lastly add the roasted carrots and blend until combined.Then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Enjoy with your favourite vege sticks, crackers or root chippies!