1-2 tsp coconut oil
1 red capsicum, chopped
1 medium eggplant, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 tin of canned tomatoes (400g)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp harissa sauce (optional)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground paprika
¼ cup water
1 cup kale or spinach, shredded
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat oil in a frying pan, and cook the capsicum and eggplant over medium heat, mixing well, until softened.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, harissa, cumin, paprika, sea salt and pepper, water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until sauce becomes thick.
- Add in shredded kale or spinach at the end and stir through sauce mixture. Pour sauce into a baking dish (or leave in frypan if it is oven proof).
- Make four hollows in the top, crack eggs into the holes, bake for 10-15 minutes or until your eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Optional: Serve with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle of fresh herbs (basil or coriander).