3 large ripe tomatoes
1 large shallot or medium brown onion
2 ripe medium avocados
340g fresh mozzarella
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1-2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
2 Tbsp fresh basil, parsely and chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tomato and avocado into 1cm thick slices. Cut the shallot into very thin rings.
- Season the tomato, avocado and onion with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Slice the mozzarella into 1cm thick slices and layer on a serving platter alternating with the tomato, avocado and shallot slices.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle with fresh herbs.