100g Pad Thai rice noodles
1 medium courgette, sliced or spiralised
1 red capsicum, sliced or spiralised
1 large carrot, sliced or spiralised
1 cup bean sprouts
2 spring onions, finely chopped (keep some of the green part for garnish)
1 egg, well beaten
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup peanuts, finely chopped and toasted
½ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
2-3 Tbsp tamari Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp vegetable broth
2 Tbsp brown sugar, honey or other natural sweetener
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lime juice
1 tsp Sambal Oelek chilli paste
- Cook noodles as instructed on the packet and set aside.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a jar with screw on lid and shake well to mix.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan on a medium heat and gently sautee the garlic and spring onion until soft.
- Add the vegetables and sautee until vegetables are lightly cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the pan and scramble the beaten egg lightly, then remove and set aside.
- Drain the cooked noodles and add them to the hot pan and stirfry briefly. Then add the sauce and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens and becomes sticky.
- Stir in the egg and the vegetables and serve with fresh coriander and spring onion for garnish and sprinkle with toasted peanuts.